We have been monitoring the weather conditions and coordinating with the Embassy of Saudi Arabia and regret to inform that due to circumstances (severe and sustained wind storms) beyond our control, we have postponed the Saudi Embassy Reception that was scheduled for this evening.
Your safety is of our paramount concern to us and we didn’t want to risk any of our members being injured due to the dangerous weather system moving across our region. We made this decision in the best interest of your safety and apologize for any inconvenience.
Pursuant to the Weather-Related Postponements terms outlined in our Ticket Sales Policy, your ticket is transferable to a future International Club of DC event. If you purchased a ticket, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know which one of the following options you prefer. Please let us know soon, so we can make the necessary arrangements.
• We have rescheduled the event for Friday, March 30th at the Embassy of Saudi Arabia. Please let us know if you can join us on to enjoy the event on Friday, March 30th. You can find the event details on our Web site: https://www.internationalclubdc.com/Events/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=CD698EA2-B130-4D2C-80E5-EC7197CF6867
• Alternatively, please let us know if you would like to apply the amount you paid towards another International Club of DC event in the future. We have many other embassy events on our calendar with new events to be announced in the coming weeks.
As a token of our appreciation for your understanding, we would also like to offer you with a complimentary ticket to our Oscars Viewing Party on Sunday March 4th. If you’d like to attend the event for free, as a guest of ICDC, please reply to this email and let us know so we can set aside a ticket for you. You can find the event details for the Oscars Viewing Soiree on our Web site: https://www.internationalclubdc.com/Events/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=BC1A1EF8-4CA2-46EF-A360-D26855428B3A
We would greatly appreciate it if you could please email us back and let us know which one of the above options you prefer and confirm receipt of this email as early as possible. We hardly ever reschedule events and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this postponement but unfortunately, the situation with the weather is beyond our control.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to an upcoming event. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
We cordially request the pleasure of your company at a very special reception at the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. We invite you to an evening of Saudi Arabian culture and cuisine along with the opportunity to meet the embassy staff as well as other ICDC members with an interest in international cultures.
Presentation of Customary Clothing and Media Presentation
The evening features a presentation of customary clothing from Saudi Arabia along with a Media Presentation giving you insight into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including its people, culture, and customs.
Question and Answer Session with the Embassy Staff
Feel free to ask anything you ever wanted to know about customs, lifestyle, politics in Saudi Arabia in the Question and Answer Session following the Media Presentation.
Traditional Saudi Buffet
Please join us for a traditional Saudi Buffet prepared by the Embassy's caterer. The dinner buffet of Saudi Arabian culinary delights will be presented after the cultural presentation.
Dinner Buffet of Traditional Cuisine (the menu is subject to change)
A Fresh fruit display with Melons, Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberries, and Grapes along with traditional Saudi desserts. An assortment of fruit juices, water, and soda will also be served. Please note that due to cultural reasons, alcohol will not be served during this embassy reception.
- Grape Leaves Stuffed w/ Rice & Lebneh (dry yogurt)
- Tabouleh Salad
- Tomato, Peppers, Cucumber, Olives, Feta, Salad
Kibbeh: Ground meat and spinach infused with Middle Eastern spices
- Boneless Breast of Chicken Kabob with onions and colorful peppers
- Wedding Rice (Basmati) with pine nuts and raisins
- Rack of Lamb with Cucumber Sauce
- Fried eggplant and cauliflower in lemon brown butter with tomato and herbs
The event will be held rain, shine, or snow.